Monday, November 06, 2006

All Hallow's Eve's Eve's Eve

This is a tad belated but must be noted anyway....
Oct 28th 2006

We, as in, Anne, Lindsay, Natasha and myself had decided a while back that we were gonna hit up the clubs in Seoul. We decided that it had to be on Oct 28th for the Halloween Party that was being held at Rocky Mountain Tavern in Itaewon. Itaewon is basically foreigners' town. It's also in the shady part of town. Says a lot about us foreigners doesn't it.
After hitting up Bupyeong Underground market where Anne had bought her purple stockings, we were exhausted and decided to head home to change into our costumes. The four of us had bought matching wings of different colors.

At around 8pm Anne and I headed over to Lindsay's House to finish our preparation. Lindsay and Tash had artistically applied on make up to their face. It was so beautiful we immediately decided to copy. It took us another hour to finish getting ready and this was after some preparation to begin with. One of the biggest reason it took us so long was that we decided to take pictures hehe and got a bit carried away.

At around 9:30pm we were finally all ready to go. It took us an hour to get through the subway to Itaewon station. The best part is that we had already bought some alcohol with us from GROCERY STORES which we were allowed to drink in PUBLIC!! Boy DID WE GET STARES!!! As if we didn't get enough stares just being foreigners and by "we" I mean Lindsay, Natasha and Anne... cause with me I can blend in up until I open my mouth to talk. This time our party was minus the usual male suspects: Mike, Andrew, and Eric. They had decided that they were gonna do an apartment party which I thought was boring. I'm sure you'd agree ;)

In any case, when we finally got to Rocky Mountain Tavern the party was already full blown. The first floor was completely overcrowded so we started to head upstairs in search of familiar faces.. namely Matt. When we got upstairs we found not just Matt but a lot of other teachers that were part of our Canadian Connection Group, that we hadn't seen for a while now. It was great to see them again especially after such a long break.
We had chosen to go to RMC namely because other group members were going but also because I had been meaning to go there to meet Olga's Boyfriend'S Brother Jamie. WHICH WE DID AT LAST!!! REALLY cool guy... hot in a caveman outfit!Eh?? Eh??Sorry ladies I believe the caveman is called for.. O NO!! NOT BY ME!! ( no worries Nem)

hehe so we stayed long enough at RMC for a drink.. which was enough for me to reach my buzz...
which obviously meant we didn't stay too long. By midnight we were on a cab heading to Hongdae which we had heard was Club central. Hongdae is very close to Hongik University and apparently has a lot of cool clubs.

The club that we went to was called Catch light... cover was actually pretty expensive but the good thing was that in Seoul there were definitely more people that spoke English!! We danced up a storm in there, the music wasn't anything different than what you'd here in Toronto. It was all English, I had kinda hoped there were some Korean songs that we could dance to. We even went on the stage = 0 is that shocking? probably not... I mean... but we had a blast, Koreans aren't so bad at dancing.
We even danced with some random Korean girls!! They were sooo pretty and soo nice!! At some point in time we decided to see what time it was... my guess was that it was 2am... at the latest... but it ended up being 4:30am!!! It was INSANE.. we COULDN'T believe it.. I mean it's ME!! I almost never stay out dancing till 4 in the morning!! 2 is usually my latest and when I start getting tired, cranky and hungry. Well we also still had the hour long cab drive home =S and we were EXHAUSTED!!

So we all finally headed home to Lindsay's and spent the night there. Since it was Sunday we had the option of sleeping in except we all woke up at 10 am because of the bright light that was seeping thru Lindsay's room.. That's one thing about Korea, the windows let in SOOO MUCH light.. its impossible to sleep in.. If u're thinking why not just get Curtains its because.. I don't have drills to drill holes into the CEMENT WALL to put up drapes or blinds or curtains. and I don't intend to buy a drill just to do so.. I'm a bit luckier because my bed is against the wall.. away from the windows and those windows don't face East!! PHEW.. unfortunately the laundry room is made of windows and it faces East ... but it hasn't really been a problem yet.. So we'll see how that goes.. shit. .I let myself get carried away again...

It took me three days to recover from that night.. but let me say.. .it was WORTH IT!! Altho... i'm definitely not gonna go every weekend.. more like.. once a month.. I need all my energy keeping up with those third graders.. ok.. speaking of energy.. i'm gonna head to bed now..


but I have one very important thing to say before I blog off (get it? hehe)

JAMIE IS FABULOUS AND PURRRRFECT!!! ;)

if you're interested in advertising your name on my blog please drop a line...

4 comments:

Ms. Ly said...

that was the best post in all of history. i believe that my actual advert request was "Jamie Ly is perfect and the best"... but Jamie is fabulous and puurrrfect will do. ;)

ehbaba said...

I think you should compose a post about me. If you'd like, you can just simply list the many points that make me as great a person as I am. Any format you want...as long as the gist of it is me being really awesome. =)

Unknown said...

if they have a winners equivalent over there.. i bought these window blinds for 4 dolalrs that you can cut to size width-wise.. and its just a really strong adhesive the sticks to the inside of ur window frame.. plus it was made of paper so you could draw pictures of me and you on it mwuahahwahw. be good.. hk in 37 days!

Unknown said...

Hey Mimi, when do we get a new post? Anything happening on the "U BEST" front (ie the principle)?? Let me just say again that that was the best post! I laugh just thinking about it...