Sunday, January 14, 2007

My nights as the Terminal woman.

Jan 5

I arrived at the airport around 2:00am. I've got to wait until Lindsay and Natasha arrive at 11pm. I just figured that I'd try to pull an all nighter in the airport.

If you were to ask me for the one word that would describe my experience in the airport. It would be: BRUTAL (that's right. capitalized)
A number of factors made it unbearable.
1. I was still sick
2. It was 2:00 am in the morning
3. I was already so tired from Nem's visit and all the things we had to do i.e. Christmas party, New years party etc etc

I don't know what made me think I could brave it out for the night. Because even if I could have lasted the night. There was the entire DAY the next day as well.
I sat on the airport seats and tried to lie down and get comfortable like I saw how the other people were doing it. The problem was that because it was such a foreign place to me. I couldn't shake off my uneasiness. I had my bags on me and I was afraid to fall asleep then have them stolen from me.

So 3:00 am hits and I caved. I walked up to the hotel reservation kiosk and booked me a room for the night. Took the cab down and the image of the bed was so welcoming, I almost just crashed. but not before looking around for bugs. The idea of bugs crawling on me while I sleep creeps the hell out of me. After my bug check I conked out and woke up at 7 am. I stayed in bed up until around 11 watching TV.. I was not looking forward to going back to the airport. but as I was getting dressed. I looked back towards the bed and started to notice movements. I thought at first it was just the air conditioning blowing dust particles around. I WAS SOO WRONG! Sitting down on the bed I took a closer look and realized that there were at least a dozen tiny ants or some sort of critters crawling around the bed!!! I jumped up and suddenly felt all itchy. It was sooo gross!

I could not have gotten out of the hotel room fast enough.

Made it back to the airport around 12:00pm. the 11 hr wait was brutal. I got to know the airport really well. I discovered the little nooks that I could sit down and eat by myself. I people-watched. It was brutal. For some reason I started to get the idea that I was only waiting until Lindsay and Natasha came. By the time they arrived I realized that I still had to wait until our flight to krabi the NEXT day at 1:00pm. I WANTED TO SCREAM!! We stayed overnight and got some rest tho we kept waking up cause it was FREEZING and UNCOMFORTABLE. I had to pull out layers of clothes and wear them so that I wouldn't freeze to death. For some reason I kept having to pee every 5 minutes. So sleep basically was impossible.

Somehow we managed to pass the time until our flight, which ended up getting delayed for an hour and half.

Thailand trip to be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question. Am I going to find myself in your blog entry? I will be most honoured. That is all.

Love,
Sean Law

mimmers said...

YOU SURE WILL!!

Anonymous said...

More BlOGS!!!!

Nem