Monday, October 02, 2006

it's called sucking up

I had to go into work today but only to do absolutely nothing. Tomorrow Chuseok holiday begins and I'm pretty much off for a week. I wanted to spend the time lesson planning and had brought along books to prepare. However my coteacher spent every moment with me and we spent the entire day watching this dvd I had bought. It's a korean movie called windstruck. Such a sad movie... my coworkers laughed at my uncontrollable tears.

Everybody at work, my coworkers, my head teacher, my vp and my principal are in love with me right now. I bought some pastries from the nearby bakery and shared it with everybody. They were so impressed my principal decided to treat me out for dinner. On the way there he decided to sit next to me in the back seat and pretty much SPAT ALL OVER ME as he excitedly talked to me in korean. As this was NOT the first time he had done that, I pretty much just smiled and nodded. The weirdest part... no one translated... I don't get it. Did he really think I understood what he said? In any case, the dinner went well, except I didn't understand ne thing said. but the one part my coteacher translated was that my principal had asked one of the third grade teacher to take over the library responsibility since the teacher that was in charge was about to go on maternity leave and she had 3 previous years of experience. According to the principal the added responsibility made the woman burst into tears. The next day she had returned and apologized for her actions and agreed to the task. When told this story I told my coteacher I was willing to help since I did have experience before in a library. She found this very amusing, told the principal and suddenly the entire room erupted into laughter. My principal in the middle of his laugh kept saying U BEST UBEST! well DUH...and now i still have no idea if I'm going to be helping out with the library or not. I figured I'd just stick my head in the library from time to time. See if I can help with anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. I'm reading this at work right now, and that just cracked me up!!!!! Haha..."U BEST". So great....

Sounds like you're having so much fun, Mimi. Keep updating us...the stories are great.

Luv, B.